Friday, January 14, 2011

Now Part Of Our Family

Something to be thankful for...

Thanksgiving Day, November 25th 2010
Mother, baby and herd brother reunited after weeks of separation at the corrals.
Nuzzling her sick baby.

November 28th
Ladybug gives reassurance over the fence.


Nibbling Douglas Fir needles.

Mothers milk... the best medicine.
A cloud blanket.
White hooves on black legs.

A strange new world.
More snow.
Naming someone has never been my strong suit, it is hard for me to attach a word to something un-nameable, but as we spent time together the names Sage and Rosebud seemed appropriate for these two.

December 12th
Momma Sage
Sweet little Rosebud
Pableu's Cloud Blanket
Pableu stayed with us during his illness and a quarantine period but has now moved to his real home, December 17th. Read more of his story here pableu's cloud blanket blog.

The last two months have been a blur. All three of the Mustangs were sick with Strangles. Having never dealt with illness like this I had a lot to learn. My friend Kris McCormack (her blog Words About Horses) was my lifeline! She was supportive and encouraging when I was both physically and mentaly exhausted, and helped me find the best natural remedies for my new patients. I will write more about Strangles soon.